Incorrect export - Help please!

OK, I have the file but it seems to have two component boxes?? I will get a clean part to work with out of the components and see what happens.

I have a few other things to do yet on other fronts so it might be a while but should do it before bed tonight. Just heading for 5:00 in the evening here.

Ed

For some reason when I load this I don’t see the part as a component.

When I click on it I see this:

This box is way larger then the part and I have no idea why or what that means, sorry, self taught sketchup… But when I click again I see this:

Yet another bounding box but more what I might expect and yet no component is showing up.

I then use the part and make a component and now I see three of them? Anyway the new one I just made I then brought over from the component box and placed it. It doesn’t at this point have the couple of other boxes around it.

I then rotate it and change the axis, at this point I can get a svg file. This is that file:

test%205

So while it appears the data is there there is also something different about how you built the file in sketchup, well different then the way I do it.

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable will show up and shine some light on the subject.

Ed

I struggled with the Shaper export, and finally just settled on using the custom export until they get a number of issues sorted out. It’s discussed here.

Ed, thank you very much for spending time on my issue. I very apreciate your help! I will ask my friend (a Sketchup expert) to teach me how to make correct model. Then (I hope) I will able to make great projects with Fabber;)

Can you attach that model here so I can take a look?

Hi Erik,
I have used the EXPLODE function on each component (I had to do it 2-3x on each part). Then I have made a new component, changed axes and it work now perfect!:wink:
Thanks for Fabber.

Glad you got it going. I wonder if you had a component within a component?

I don’t know how I did it:)
If you like to explore it, here you can download the Sketchup project:

There is just one object from project… But you can see the problem.

I can see why this one was giving you trouble. You had a component within a component that had a group in it.

Right click on it and keep hitting explode until you don’t have that choice anymore (you’ll likely have to do this three times)

Then triple click on your part, right click and select “make component”. Export again and see if that works.